Wednesday, 21 September 2011
ELVIS PRESLEY (Elvis' Debut Album 1956)
“Well it’s a one for the money, two for the show, three to get ready, now go, cat, go!!”
This was Elvis’s first, self-titled, album and was released in March 1956, by RCA Victor. It spent ten weeks at #1 in the Billboard charts.
And it couldn’t begin any better, than with Carl Perkins’ ‘Blue Suede Shoes’ to get things started! The third track is also the rockin’ Ray Charles’ ‘I’ve Got a Woman’, and there’s also the slower ‘I Love You Because’.
But it’s side two that really does it for me, beginning with ‘Tutti Frutti’, then ‘Tryin’ to Get to You’, ‘I’m Going to Sit Right Down and Cry (Over You), and ending with ‘Money Honey’, and not before we’ve heard a haunting version of ‘Blue Moon’!
It’s a good rockin’ introduction to the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll as any!
The cover was imitated by punk band the Clash for their London Calling album ,,,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment